Skip to main content

New Student Enrollment


Step-By-Step Online Enrollment Guide          English          Spanish


Universal Transitional Kindergarten

On October 5, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom signed legislation uplifting dual language learners and improving access to child care. The Governor also highlighted the California Comeback Plan’s unprecedented investments to achieve universal transitional kindergarten by 2025 and create college savings accounts for 3.7 million kids.

Please click here to read more

AR5111 – Age of Admittance to Kindergarten and First Grade

At the beginning of each school year, the Superintendent or designee shall enroll any eligible child who will have his/her fifth or sixth birthday on or before September 1 of that year into kindergarten or first grade, as applicable. (Education Code Sections 48000, 48010) Any child who will have his/her fifth birthday from September 2 through December 2 of the school year shall be offered a transitional kindergarten (TK) program in accordance with the law and Board policy. (Education Code Section 48000)

If you are enrolling a student in public school for the first time, your student will be placed according to their birthdate as follows:

  • Transitional Kindergarten
    • In the 2022–23 school year, children who will turn five between September 2 and February 2 are eligible for TK.

    •  In the 2023–24 school year, children who will turn five between September 2 and April 2 are eligible for TK.

    •  In the 2024–25 school year, children who turn five between September 2 and June 2 are eligible for TK.

    • In the 2025–26 school year, and in each school year thereafter, children who will turn four by September 1 are eligible for TK.

  • Kindergarten:  Turning 5 years old on or before September 1
  • 1st Grade:  Turning 6 years old on or before September 1
TK - 1 Grade Information

Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten Registration Packets     English     Spanish

Dual-Language Immersion (DLI) Program

Learn about River Delta's Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program that is offered at Bates Elementary School.  Any student, regardless of their homes school/area of residence, can enroll in the Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program.  To enroll in this program, please follow the steps below and select Bates Elementary School when enrolling your child.

Transitional Kindergarten (TK)

If you live within the boundaries of the River Delta Unified School District and your child will turn 5 years old between September 2 – December 2, you may register him/her for that school year.

If you live within the boundaries of the River Delta Unified School District and your child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021, you may register him/her for the 2021-2022 kindergarten school year

Registration Steps

STEP 1: Identify Your Homeschool

Visit Great School's School Finder to locate your child's homeschool.  Your child's school will appear on the map.

These are the exceptions:

You live within the Walnut Grove, Bates, or Clarksburg boundary:

• Your child is in the 7-9th grades.  He/She will be attending Clarksburg Middle School

• Your Child is in the 10-12th grade.  He/She will be attending Delta High School

You live within the Isleton boundary:

• Your child is in the 7-8th grade.  He/She will be attending Riverview Middle School

• Your child is in the 9-12th grade.  He/She will be attending Rio Vista High School

STEP 2: Prepare for the Online Registration

To successfully complete the online registration process you will need:

  • A valid address within school district boundaries
  • Contact information for Parent(s)/Guardian(s), and emergency contacts
  • Immunizations and immunization dates
  • Previous School information (School name, address, phone number...)

STEP 3: Online Enrollment

Please click this link to navigate to the The River Delta Unified Aereis Online Enrollment.  Once the your Aeries Parent Portal account has been created you can log back into the Aereis Online Enrollment to complete the process at a later time.

STEP 4: Complete the Online School Lunch Eligibility Form 

This form collects household income information to determine demographics at school sites allowing funding allocations to meet school goals.  Complete this form electronically by clicking on this link.

STEP 5: Additional Forms

All forms below can be downloaded, printed, and returned to the school secretary.  If you are unable to print the forms, all forms can be accessed at your son/daughter's school office.

  • Authorization for Administration of Medication During School Hours Form (portions of this form must be completed by a physician)     English     Spanish
  • Health Exam for School Entry (For TK-K students and students new to the State of California)
  • Oral Health Assessment     English     Spanish  (For TK - 1st grade students)
  • Military Parent/Guardian Affiliation Form     English     Spanish
  • Sports Competition Insurance Waiver Form     English     Spanish
  • Student Transportation/Pick-Up Special Instructions Form     English     Spanish

STEP 6: Enrollment Required Documents

The following is required for enrollment in River Delta Unified School District (RDUSD) school.  Please bring these documents to your son/daughter's school office to complete the school enrollment process.

  1. Age and legal name verification – ONE of the following:
    • Certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
    • Baptismal certificate or official hospital record of birth;
    • Passport
    • When none of the above is obtainable, an Affidavit for Proof of Age of Minor signed by the student’s parent/legal guardian may be accepted
  2. Immunization records (see Immunization Requirement Sheet in Part III of this packet)
  3. Withdrawal grades/unofficial transcript (if applicable)
  4. Current proof of residence within the district (Note: must be a street address; P.O. Box is not acceptable) consisting of any ONE of the following with the present address and the name of the parent or legal guardian listed:
    • Property tax payment receipts
    • Mortgage statement, rental property contract, or lease agreement
    • Current utility service (e.g., PG&E, SMUD, water, garbage, sewer) contract, statement, or payment receipt
    • Rental property payment receipt
    • Parent or guardian’s recent pay stub
    • Voter registration
    • Correspondence from a government agency (e.g., documentation from the Department of Human Assistance, court documents, motor vehicle registration, driver’s license, etc.).
    • Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
    • If the student is residing in the home of a caregiving adult within district boundaries, an affidavit executed by the care-giving adult